Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

its in the bone) and have a band around the top o my heel..legs

Hi I have very painfull (feet on top) feels like its in the bone) and have a band around the top o my heel which is inflammef sore to touch. Feet are worse by end of day. When I get out of car my legs and feet are stiff and painfull.At night i have to elevate feet to stop pain .its not all over feet just on places.I walk lie a cripple until I have been walking a bit, but feet still hurt. Some hip pain (no Arthritis)thanks

Were your feet x-rays normal?

Does the pain in feet is more when you get out of the bed in the morning of after sitting for any time?

Are you over weight?

Since how long are the symptoms?

Is there any specific point of tenderness?

Were any blood work done?

Is there any swelling or redness on feet or elsewhere?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ihave had xay year go found nothing feet hurt when i get up, worst when im on them all day, ache when im in the car. not overweight no bloods taken legs just stiff after sitting,work on my feet all a physical job

Thanks for the detailed information. Your symptoms point to mild grade osteoarthritis. This is considered as wear and tear arthritis which comes with the age also. Usually there are no x-ray changes in the mild form. The mainstay of the treatment is physiotherapy/physical therapy. The physical therapy entails supervised exercises as following;

1) Active and passive stretching exercises

2) Exercises with the weights

3) Exercises against resistance

4) Swimming pool exercises

You should avoid wearing high heel shoes, if you do. A prolonged standing or prolonged walking in a single stretch should also be avoided. Anti-inflammatory analgesics like Ibuprofen would be helpful. Supplements like Chondroitin-glucosamine are also advised, which helps in osteoarthritis.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is this ostio of the feet /legs or back that causes these symptom.have tried ibuprofen.

It seems that your primary osteoarthritis is in the feet joints. Due to the pain; one tends to bear weight in the abnormal posture or different ways than the normal. That causes strain on the muscles, ligaments and joints of other regions like hips and back and causes pain in them. But physical therapy session should involve all the joints (ankle, knee, hip and back) as all of them put strain on each other.

It is pleasure and privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun