A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Doctor need help from a professional let me start by saying

Customer Question

Doctor need help from a professional let me start by saying im a hypocondriac and stressful person, about 2 years ago or so i began to notice my mustache get red when i shave, lasting for about a yr about a yr later it began to get dry n flaky, now me being a hypocondriac i immediately went to google and came across something called seborrheic dermatitis. now what scares me is that this is link to hiv, now i have never been tested and about 4 years ago i did have a one night stand with a girl unprotected that i still know till this day shes seems fine but i never ask her about her status i im to scared to test. now i feel like my head also gets ichty and stuff i went to the dermatologist who said it looks like mild seborrheic dermatitis and that this is very common. now over the years i have gotten colds in the winter or seasons were people usaully get sick im to scared recently my wife develop irriatated skin on her face. she was test 3 yrs ago after my son was born n was neg helpme
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. You are right. You are a hypochondriac. Seborrheic dermatitis is very, very common....about as common as dirt, and nothing to be concerned about at all. You may recognize it by different names (commonly it refers to dandruff in adults, cradle cap in infants). HIV is a risk factor as it is a risk factor for everything else because it lowers one's immune response. However, the vast majority of people have no risk factors but get it anyway. If you are truly concerned about your HIV status you should get tested.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hello yes i just find myself thinking about this to much i feel like i already have it, and even tho my wife was tested when she was she gave birth her irritation she gets now just has me to worried. like i said i get colds to and also deal with stomach problems im so stupid for what i did i just dont know im so confused of finding out im to scared

Have you thought about seeing a psychiatrist for your anxiety disorder? Treatment would put an end to all the irrational fears and needless worrying.