Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

Would a high eye pressure reading 26 affect my driving l

Would a high eye pressure reading '26' affect my driving liscence
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 6 years ago.

Aside from pressure reading, any other deficits on your eye exam?

Do you use eye medication/drops?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Did not use eye drops but I have been refered to my GP. No other eye defects, but I am long sighted and have had laser surgery 2 years ago to avoid acute glaucama.
Expert:  Pauline replied 6 years ago.

If you have a diagnosis of glaucoma then you need to inform the DVLA, they may ask for a visual field test to exclude loss of peripheral vision.

If you only have high pressure, or only one eye with glaucoma and there is no other deficits that have not been corrected by glasses then you do not need to inform the DVLA.

If you are not sure, then you can ask your GP who can look at your medical records and decide what is most appropriate.

If a visual field test shows that you have reduced peripheral vision then the danger is that you will not see a pedestrian/motorcycle or car and lead to a fatal accident.