Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I have pain on my right temple,,,,,feels sore,,,like rubbing

I have pain on my right temple,,,,,feels sore,,,like rubbing over a bruised spot,,,when I blink my right eye, it hurts,and if I touch the temple,it hurts worse......I have sleep apnea, and I wear a mask,,,,been wearing it for 4+ months now. This pain just started last week, so I don't know. I am a 58 yr old male,,,,any ideas?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.

Greetings,

Sorry for the problem.
I would recommend that you should get an examination by your doctor. Any local inflammation or trauma can cause pain there. But you need to exclude temporal arteritis where there is tenderness over the temple area along with symptoms in the eye.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what the heck is temporal arteritis ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Why would I pay for ananswer and you give me "temporal arteritis" without an explanation???
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Why would I pay for ananswer and you give me "temporal arteritis" without an explanation??? NEVER MIND,,,,I WILL LOOK IT UP ON THE INTERNET
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Temporal arteritis is inflammation of the temporal artery It is also called giant cell arteritis. It affects the arteries mainly in the neck & upper body areas. Steroids & immunosuppresants are used for it. Though simple inflammation of that area is possible but to be safer you need to exclude temporal arteritis.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.