Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss
23717712

i had bright red and pink blood in my seaman for about 7 weeks,

Customer Question

i had bright red and pink blood in my seaman for about 7 weeks, started taking sits baths now what blood i see either before or after urination is rust color, is there a meaning to this
Category: Health
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

I would like to ask you a few questions to make sure I understand your situation better.

Could you please clarify if you are seeing the blood in your urine or in your semen or in both? Have you had a urine test? Is there any discomfort with urination?

Thank you,

Julia

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have no blood in my urine, seeing blood only in my seaman, if I go days with out sex or seaman is full I guess then sometimes I can feel the rush from just behind my scrotum and then a few drops of blood will come out, red and pink, then when I start to urinate its clear or light color as urine most of the time is.
some times after I finish urinating and I feel this slight rush behind and under the scrotum and a few drops of blood will come out, now after starting sits baths the blood that comes out now in just a few drops seemd more rust color not red and pink. and not as often maybe every 3 days or so it will happen once.
also when the blood did come out (not on ejectulation) there is a stinging feeling behind and under my scrotum like a vessle had broken.
this past winter I took a couple good falls but never hurt my self in that area that I can remember, although about a month ago I did fall and did the split and it hurt like hell, but after a few mins all seemed ok, then about 7 or 8 weeks ago I took a four day car trip, setting for most of the time, the fourth day after arriving home I had sex and that is the first time ever blood was in my seaman, quite a lot. red and pink.
i have no trouble urinating, no pain , no stopping and starting, and maybe one time during the night i will have to go to the bathroom , some times twice depending how much green tea i drink.
now if this will cost more to advise me i will be glad to pay it if it is a leget information.
Thank you .
Frank Rinchich

Frank, Thank you for your reply.

You will pay for the answer only if you are satisfied with it. I will get my credit once you press the accept button.

Having blood in the semen has a variety of different causes, most of them are not serious and easily reversible.

The most likely cause of blood of blood in the semen is infection in the prostate, called prostatitis. It will also explain the shooting pain you are experiencing under the scrotum. Prostatitis is easily diagnosed with a urine test and is treated with antibiotics.

Bladder infection can also cause blood in semen. Bladder infection in men most often causes no symptoms of pain upon urination or urinary frequency but again, a urine test, will show if there infection present.

Some other causes include enlarged prostate which we often seen in men as they get older, trauma to the prostate (from the recent fall you had). Rarely prostate cancer or bladder cancer can cause blood in the semen.

So as you can see there are several reasons for having blood in the semen. You will need further evaluation, preferably by a urologist. Besides getting your PSA checked (which you are waiting the results on), you also need to have a urine test as well as a rectal exam to feel your prostate.

Again, good news is most often the causes of bloody semen is nothing serious and is easily treated.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please feel free to follow-up with any other questions you might have.

If I have answered your question, please click the green "Accept" button. Otherwise your deposit stays with JustAnswer and I do not get credit for my work.

Best wishes and good luck,

Julia

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have had a urine test for infection, was neg. was put on cipro antobioics for 14 days, just last night i bought a urine infection tester from CVS drugs, i took it twice showed no sign of infection.
my qurstion was,,,, blood going from bright red and pink to a rust or brown color, could this mean old blood and possible bleeding may have stopped, have not had sex for some time now, trying to give the blood vessle a chance to heal if in fact that is what it might be,
answering this question i will accept the answer and clear payment,
Thanks
Frank

If the blood is changing color, it does not mean blood is old or that it has stopped, it just means that there is less blood and it is being diluted with the rest of the fluids produced by the prostate which is why it is not as an intense in color.

Knowing that your urine test did not show infection rules out a couple of possibilities. However, other things need to be ruled out as I mentioned before. You might need to have an ultrasound of your bladder and prostate and possibly have cystoscopy, which is a procedure during which a small camera is inserted inside the bladder to look for a source of bleeding.

Please feel free to follow-up with any other questions you might have. I will be glad to assist you further.

Julia

Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience: 7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss