Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

what are the main causes of a narrow windpipe

Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 6 years ago.

Hi there

A narrowed airway can be caused by inflammation from things such as asthma, Bronchitis, viral illnesses (such as influenza), Emphysema, or a combination of breathing problems such as COPD.

It has been a pleasure helping you today. Please click "Accept" if our conversation has been helpful. If I can help you further, please reply. If not, thank you for using JustAnswer.com and hope you will use the service again soon.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
if i said that using a dehumidifier helped me breathe easier what would this suggest to you

Hi there

Humidified air helps with all of these disorders actually. It keeps the mucus membranes moist and the mucus thin. So, it is hard to say which condition the humidified air is helping.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i have virtually no voice and am also recovering from two severe reactions to meds ephedrine and bisolvin. the lungs in the xray have a greyey haze on them.

i live on a tiny island so med care is limited

So, your breathing issues sound inflammation related. However, if you were told your chest xray was abnormal, other conditions could be playing a role in your problems as well. Just being helped by using humidified air is not really indicitive of any disease process. But back to your original question, you said you had a narrowed windpipe...this could also be directly related to your severe reaction (residual inflammation).