CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

I have pain on both sides of my stomach. I can compair it

I have pain on both sides of my stomach. I can compair it to waking up with a very full bladder and once you use the bathroom you have a sorness It began yesterday and the pain ranges from just anoying to quite painful. I feel it more when I take a deep breath or when I suck my stomach in. Advil does give me relief. I started drinking lots of water and cranberry juice.

Is this a kindney infection and am I doing the right thing?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. If may be a pelvic infection, which will cause a full feeling and pain as you are describing. Are you running a fever? Any problems moving your bowels?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello Camille

No fever and no trouble with bowl movements, just an aching painful feeling between plevic bone and rib cage on both sides. I am not sexually active ( if that has anything to do with a pelvic infection?

Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
is this just on the sides... not near the abdomen? any back pain?

Edited by CamilleRN on 5/6/2010 at 11:43 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not sure where abdomen is? sorry, but its a bit more that half way between belly button and side.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.

This could be kidney pain, is your urine normal in appearance and color? ANy unusual odor? It may also be a bowel problem. Does it hurt to press anywhere? graphic

WHere on this example is the pain?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
urine is normal in color and odor bowels seem fine. the pain does seem to worsen when I take a deep breath and extend by belly outward also pain intensifies if I suck my stomach in. In reference to picture The pain is just above the horizontle line and above above what I think is the large intentines ( the last organ seen on the left and right sides) make sense?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
The worsening pain with breathing and with holding your stomach indicates swelling... ot could be bowels, it could be kidneys it could be pelvic. YOU really need a Doctor to examine you to make sure it isn't something that needs medical intervention. DO yuo have a family Dr you could visit tomorrow?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My husband lost Job and Insurance thats why Im here. cant afford . Thank you for your time.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.

OMG.I am so sorry. a liquid diet for 24 hours...see if that helps you... it cant hurt.

Edited by CamilleRN on 5/7/2010 at 12:11 AM EST
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 4 years ago.
Keep doing the cranberry juice as you are doing and increase water as well. HAve you ever been diagnosed with endometriosis?

Edited by CamilleRN on 5/7/2010 at 12:13 AM EST