Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

i fell and hit the back of my head on a concrete floor. I

Customer Question

i fell and hit the back of my head on a concrete floor. I have a very large bump on the back of the head with some tingling in my head and ears. Should I go to the emergency room?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 years ago.

Yes, it would be prudent for you to go to the ER. A fall such as this may sometimes cause a hemorrhage which may not be apparent to you in the early stages. I would recommend that you be seen at the ER and have a head CT to rule out an intracranial bleed. Otherwise you may develop some swelling with a concussion syndrome. The type of fall you describe can have enough force to sometimes cause a fracture of the skull or a hemorrhage.

I hope this information helps. Further questions are welcome if you have others. If you have further questions then I'll be glad to get back with you. if my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD