Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss

to a urologist and had a kidney scan but it showed no renal disease

I have been told by my attorney that i had a conditon called rhabdomyolysis. i have been to a urologist and had a kidney scan but it showed no renal disease. no one at the hosptal told me about this condition so i was not able to tell my urologist about it. could it have gone away. i have no blood work to go by.
Category: Health
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,.

Could you please tell me where your attorney got the information that you had rhabdomyolysis? Is your attorney saying you have this condition now or something you had in the past?

Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i guess from hospital records. i just the letter today and it said that i had a condition called rhalbdomylysis which he believes complicates the healing of wounds and makes you more susceptible to pressure sores due to muscle breakdown. this was in July 2006

Thank you for your reply,

Rhabdomyolysis is basically a break down of muscle. Sometimes this condition can cause damage to the kidneys but if it was caught and treated on time, it may not result in any damage to the kidneys (which is probably why your kidney function and ultrasound was normal).

There are many different conditions and causes for rhabdomyolysis - medications can cause it, high fever, trauma, seizures, and many other causes.

Rhabdomyolysis is a transient condition which is corrected in the hospital with hydration. If you had an episode of it in July of 2006 and it was treated, you no longer have the condition. This condition does not make you more susceptible to pressure sores and does not complicate the healing process.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please feel free to follow-up with any other questions you might have.

If I have answered your question, please click the green "Accept" button. Otherwise your deposit stays with JustAnswer and I do not get credit for my work.

Best wishes and good luck,