Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Experience:  M.D.
8775652

My wife has terrible headaches from time to time (1 day every 2

My wife has terrible headaches from time to time (1 day every 2 - 3 years). They are so bad that she vomits every half hour. The vomiting also seems to be triggered by her ingesting anything (pills, water, etc). I am wondering what is the best course of action is. I'm not interested in a diagnosis since they almost always go away, they are infrequent and she's seen many neurologists but what she should take (remember she can't ingest anything) to help her better deal with the pain and to control the vomiting. Also, what is the best way to hydrate her if she can't take too much water?
I looks that most probably she may be suffering from migraine headache.If she is unable to ingest any thing then she may do following to have relief in pain /vomiting-

1.There are local dermal patch for analgesic medicines like ketorolac which can be taken on prescription.

2.She may have injectable medicines like metoclopramide or ondasetron for severe vomiting problems.

Hope this will help you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are satisfied with my answer then please PRESS GREEN ACCEPT.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Dr Tiwari,

Thanks for the info. Are any of these available without prescription that are the strength of Tylenol like pain relievers? It's the weekend and getting to a hospital to get a prescription will be quite difficult.
Sorry but patch type of analgesics are not available OTC,although you may ask from your doctor for injectable form of antiemetic & analgesic .Tylenol is also available in injectable form.

Hope this will help you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If yo are satisfied with my answer then please PRESS GREEN ACCEPT.