CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

2 times once when we went on a cruise and it lasted 8 months

my wife has exper. dizzieness 2 times once when we went on a cruise and it lasted 8 months and about 2 months ago we flew to las vegas and the same feeling has happened please help... two questions one why is this happening? and two what can she do? thank u for your help.. concerned husband allen.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. This kind of dizziness due to flying or on a cruise is caused by an inner ear problem, such as labrynthitis. Labrynthitis is an ear disorder that involves irritation and swelling of the inner many cases this is brought on by unequal pressures in the ear such as with flying on on a ship. Treatment consists of

Antihistamines ( Benadryl for example) ,Corticosteroids (such as Rx prednisone) anti nausea meds such as compazine ( Rx only), and anti dizziness meds such as meclazine ( Rx only). Labrynthitis is usually a temporary condition that resolves on it's own with the help of some of the medications I listed above. Some peole do well using a motion sickness prevention medication such as Bonine or Dramamine. Here is a helpful article for you:

I hope this information helps, pease let me know if I can help further:-)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
that is the same anser that we recieved before are u sure there is nothing else
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.

Yes, as sure as I can be with the information you gave me and my understanding the inner ear and her symptoms.Try not to worry, this explanation flts her symptoms well. Fortunately this is not a serious condition and can be well controlled with preventative meds, and for those episodes that do break through, the medications I mentioned for treatment are also very effective.