Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

shoulder blade..my shoulder through my forearm and down into my hand

I have had a pain in my right upper shoulder blade for the past 7 months. Recently I also get a tingling that runs from my shoulder through my forearm and down into my hand between the thumb and fore finger.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer!

Does your tingling/ radiating pain aggravate by certain arm movements? Did you recently injured or had fall? Do you have any abdomen pain or gall bladder problem? Have you ever had MRI?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Usually if my arm is bent at 90 degree angle do I get the tingling. The pain in my shoulder blade is a constant dull pain. No falls or injuries. No abdomen pain or gall bladder issues.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information.
Based on your description, it sounds like your symptoms are either due to shoulder joint or nerve related. I see that you have tried conservative measures without much success, thus at this point I would consider MRI to pin point the exact cause, so that it can be treated effectively. In the mean time, you can keep on using OTC pain meds, heating pad and physiotherapy. If it's nerve related problem, then you can have prescription meds such as neurontin, lyrica for chronic pain.