CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

My doctor had me double my dossage on Vytorin.Ive been taking

My doctor had me double my dossage on Vytorin.I've been taking Vytorin for about
3 years with no problems.I've been on the new dossage fo about 8 daays when all of
a sudden I get very pronounce muscle pain and nausea and dzziness.Last night I did not
take any Vytorin at all and I had dry heaVES during the night.Should I haVE taKEN the
1.2 dose last night and should I take the 1/2 dose now (around 12:00 pm?I am still having
some nausea spells with only dry heaves.Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. The side effects of this med include muscle pain and weakness. The extra dose may be too much for you. Skip today and go back to your original dose and call your Doctor Monday. I am sorry you are nauseated. Try eating some crackers and sipping hot tea.. lie down and rest. If this continues you can take another Promethazine later today ( 6 hours after first dose). I hope this information helps you , please let me know if I can help you further:-)
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.

I am resending because I don't think you have received my answer: Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. The side effects of this med include muscle pain and weakness. The extra dose may be too much for you. Skip today and go back to your original dose and call your Doctor Monday. I am sorry you are nauseated. Try eating some crackers and sipping hot tea.. lie down and rest. If this continues you can take another Promethazine later today ( 6 hours after first dose). I hope this information helps you , please let me know if I can help you further:-)