CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

every once in a while it feels like something is crawling inside

Customer Question

every once in a while it feels like something is crawling inside my ears. it's more pronounced in my left ear, which leads me to believe it's not anything that's made its way in there like a hair, bug etc. any advice?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. It could be an excited nerve or it could actually be debris, such as wax. Try instilling a drop or two of 3 % TOPICAL Hydrogen peroxide, This will help loosen the wax, if this is the case, it will also soothe an itch. I hope this information helps you, please let me know if I can be of further help to you:-)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If it were wax or some other stagnant debris, would that still cause the sensation of something moving in there?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
yes it could