How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 33547
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, my name is Jill Im 57 and i should know better . I

Customer Question

Hello, my name isXXXXX 57 and i should know better . I was pulling weeds and in the sun too long i have a sun burn on my back it looks and feels really sore i'm red, can you give me some relief and maybe so i wont peel I know thats asking to much

Love Jill
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 years ago.

Hello Jill,


You can do following;


1) Apply hydrocortisone skin cream 1%. This is available over the counter.

2) Cold compresses.

3) If pain is significant take Motrin/Advil/Aleve


Please feel free for your follow up questions.


Dr. Arun