Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

leision in my brain..neck..stenosis in my spinal column..artery

I had a CT angiogram last week and the results came with a leision in my brain. The didn't go into any detail, since it was an orthopodic surgeon that had been looking a the messed up neck. I have stenosis in my spinal colum and they also found 2 anuresyms 1 in the base of my brain the other bigger one is in the lower part of my aortic artery. I had my aortic vavle replaced with a mechanicl one. They don't know why the lesion/mass should up
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 4 years ago.
DearCustomer
Hello.At what level is the spinal stenosis seen?What neck problems have you been having and for how long ?Can you describe the location of the aneurysm in the brain?What exactly does the report say?please give me more information.Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The stenosis is at C5, C6 and C7. The location of the aneurysm is in the (I'm not sure how to spell it) ventricular artery in the lower right side of my brain. The left side is completely blocked. I've had the severe pain, numbness, and falling for over 7 years. I was also told on Wed. the 28th of April that I have a lesion on my brain but they didn't specify where it's located. My family dr. is getting me an appt. for an MRI & to see a neurologist. I also have had light flashing in both of my eyes for about 7 years. The flashes move almost in a circular motion and last up to 15 minutes.
The stenosis of the cervical spinal canal at the lower vertebral levels is related to cervical spinal myelopathy.This often accompanied age related changes and is managed by anterior decompression and cervical spine fusion which seemed to relieve the symptoms.Surgical correction of the ventricular artery aneurysm may offer good results,correction of a vascular block by stenting may be done and will relieve the symptoms.The decision will be made after the MRI Scan gives greater detail and and will need a good neurosurgeon and vascular surgeon..
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience: MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice