Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

Hi, I have been having pain in my left hand and wrist all

I have been having pain in my left hand and wrist all day today, and now i'm noticing tingling in my fingertips like slow, or lack of blood circulation. I'm a male 50 and average Ht and weight, 6 ft /175lbs and I believe to be in reasonably good health.
I'm also noticing the inside of my left wrist just below my palm seems to be bulging slightly more than my right wrist when you compare them.
It also seems like my left foot may be a litle more feeling like my fingertips as well. Would you say I might be having a circulation issue?
I wouldn't like to just go to bed and then have a major problem if these are symptoms to be concerned about.
What is your opinion?
Thanks Gary
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.

Sorry for the sufferings.

I need to know some points regarding your query so that I can answer better.

Is there any tenderness at any point?

Any change of color or temperature?

Is there any other symptom?

Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No other symptoms, vision is good in both eyes, no balance issues, no pain in my head or chest at all, no slurred speech, npo sweating or nausea, I haven't had any blunt force trauma to my hand or wrist today, no bruising.

The inner part of my wrist left being a little firmer than the right is the most obvious difference, and the slight tingling in my left fingers,

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the information,

Your symptoms seem more like a local problem in the limbs.

This can cause swelling of the area & pain on flexing.

The cause can be an inflammation, allergy etc.

However when it involves both the upper & lower limbs on one side an examination by doctor is necessary.

Though low circulation can cause tingling in the fingers there will be low temperature or color change.

Heart pain can cause tingling in the left hand but it will not affect the feet.

The conditions that need to be excluded, is any condition in the brain which can affect one side of the body.

Try to observe how it progresses.

If the tingling continues in both hands & feet, an examination by doctor is advisable.

I hope this information helps.

Happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.