Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

Hello, 55 year old normal - but minor NARCOLEPSY since childhood;

55 year old normal - but minor NARCOLEPSY since childhood; with headaches the last 10 years approx. Tried many solutions (acupuncture, reflexology, various drugs, vitimins, going off various foods). True that it's incurable?! Tried taking caffein props to keep awake in meetings. Reasonably OK after a 20 minute sleep 10 am to 12.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 years ago.

The condition is treatable but not curable. The distinction between the two is that curable means taking some form of treatment that eliminates the condition and we can not do this with narcolepsy. There are several medications that help to treat and control the symptoms of the condition. The treatment options include Provigil , Adderall and Xyrem. I don't know which of these you may have already tried.

I hope this information helps some. Further questions are welcome. I'll be happy to get back with you. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button Thank you and Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD