Valarie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  36+ yrs exprience medical, surgical, wound/skin care, nutrition, geriatrics, rehab, management

How safe is Tivka Plus

How safe is Tivka Plus?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. I am sorry but there is no sceintific evidence that Tikva Plus is useful for lowering blood pressure. Since this is not approved by the FDA there are no studies available on it's side effects. If you are experiencing high blood pressure the best recommendation is to see your Doctor for assistance so he can provide you with a medication and monitor it's progress. I hope this information helps you , please let me know if I can help you further:-)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Your answer is way too general, anyone would give that standard reply. Do you have any information on Tivka and any noted side effects? I do not have a regular MD and choose not to see one. Do you have any information on natural remedies for high blood pressure?
Expert:  Valarie replied 6 years ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer with your question, and welcome.

Looking at the ingredient list for Tivka Plus, it looks like a very comprehensive multivitamin supplement along with some super-antioxidants and some amino acid supplements. Nothing is greater than what you should take, so it looks to be safe.

If you are taking any other supplements, however you might want to discontinue any that are contained in this product.

Here is a link to the ingredient list, just in case you don't have it: Tivka Plus

To treat high blood pressure naturally, the most effective strategies are:

• Reducing the sodium you eat (counting all table salt, as well as sodium in the foods you eat) to less than 2300mg per day.
  • Increasing your activity levels, even if this just means taking a walk daily. Even 30 minutes of walking every day has been shown to reduce blood pressure over time.
  • Lose weight if you are overweight, even just 10 lbs.
  • Eat at least 5-6 servings of fruits and vegetables daily. The potassium content is known to effect your blood pressure.
  • Drink plenty of fluids, reducing caffeine and alcohol containing beverages.
  • Engage in relaxation type activities (meditation, yoga, etc). Whatever helps you relax and tune out the rest of the world for a while every day.
  • Increase fiber, and eat fiber with every meal. Fiber tends to bind up fats in the food you eat so you absorb less of them. Or, take a fiber supplement after meals.

In addition to all this, I would advise that you monitor your blood pressure frequently so that you know if your strategies are working for you. If not, and your blood pressure is consistently over 150/90 you really should consider seeing a regular doctor. High blood pressure can cause damage to almost every organ in your body if left unchecked.

Valarie, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 36+ yrs exprience medical, surgical, wound/skin care, nutrition, geriatrics, rehab, management