Macy RN
Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
5260558

I am in reality a fairly slim man. At one point, I got it

I am in reality a fairly slim man. At one point, I got it into my head I wanted to bulk up a great deal. I did isometrics and weights six days a week and ate a lot. Then I couldn't keep up with the workouts. My "muscle" turned to "fat" as I kept eating the same amounts. I have been trying to slim down for a while and it is working. However I also study self-defense and worry the slimmer I will be the weaker I will be. Can someone ally my concern? Or suggest a healthy way to stay fit without bulking up?
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome back to Just Answer. Thank you for your question.

I understand your concern but you really can be thin and strong at the same time or should I say " lean & Mean". Studying self defense is a wonderful way to strengthen your body as well as your mind.

I found a great article that could really help. It talks about backward training.

Let me know what you think.

Just click on the link below to read it.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1608/is_3_21/ai_n13504307/

Best Wishes,

Macy