Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS
8413180

my breast are very sore and my nipples have white bumps on

Customer Question

my breast are very sore and my nipples have white bumps on very tired. what are the white bumps. my areola have bumps on. but im worryed over white ones on my nipples
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for writing to JustAnswer Health.

How long have the white bumps been on your nipples. Also, how old are you? Do these bumps make a circle around the nipple diameter?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

im 21 years old. i noticed today but my breast have been hurting alot last few days.

i have white bumps on nipples. arloea circle of spots. on arloea little white spots.

Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry but you answer about the bumps is not clear. Are these bumps spaced around the perimeter or edge of your nipples?

Have you recently started any birth control?

Cold you be pregnant?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my nipples have white bumps on. and the arloea thats our ment to go brown has little white spots on. and around the edge of the circle of arloea its a round circle of lumps is that any better
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 6 years ago.
These are very likely montgomery glands. Here is a pic, although they can vary greatly and are white in some women.

http://www.drstandley.com/medicalterms_history.shtml

Sorry, if I confused you by saying "nipples" which isn't really correct, I do mean areolas.

These are normal, may become more prominent as you develop, or as you have increased hormone levels or are pregnant?

Edited by Susan Ivy on 4/11/2010 at 8:44 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
got 2 kids been trying to get preg have pcos. was put on clomid in feb my last period was 13th feb. had blood test day 21 progestrone was low. waiting for next period to start next dose. but i done preg test 2 week ago neg. but this last week has been werid. since friday my breast have really been hurting me and noticed all the chages i said. just none stop hurting now very tired. very dizzy on a few accasions trouble sleeping last 4 days. cant contrace. what is happening to me my breast usally hurt befor period. but not this bad.
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 6 years ago.
The clomid is a powerful hormone and many women have symptoms such as you describe while on this medication. The montgomery glands can enlarge and become more prominant in response tothis hormone as well.

I think it is important for you to tell your doctor about the degree of pain in your breast (may just be a side effect you have to live with right now). Cold packs can help, and are recommended.

The dizziness and lack of sleep and poor concentration do need to be evaluated by you doctor and you need to call and report this tomorrow when the office opens up. Make sure you are getting enough water. Get your blood pressure checked to make sure the hormone has not caused it to elevate, and try to rest as much as possible and reduce stress (is that possible with 2 little ones?!) -- you do need to try - low stress is important for conception as well.

Since you have not had a preg nancy test for awhile it sounds, a pregnancy is possible. But it could still be the mediation causing the changes.

I hope that this is a good sign for you!

Let me know if you have any more questions, and feel free to let me know what the doctor says tomorrow (even if you accept my answer I will keep it open so that you can respond back - with no further cost of course)