Susan RN
Susan RN, Nurse
Experience:  RN DNP, nurse educator since 1996,hospital RN 10 yrs,Advd practice, OB/Peds,Pharm, medical

my right arm is cold and so is my hand... it just started this

my right arm is cold and so is my hand... it just started this week and i dont know why or how...umm my temp is fine and my heart has been checked for any kinda disease in september of last year.i also had a mri done on my brain last month..

Hello,Customer I will do my best to help you find answers. I do have some questions to help me get a better idea of your overall health and wellness.

What medical conditions do you have?

What medicines do you take, including over the counter, prescription, vitamins, and herbs?

What were you doing before your symptoms started?

Any information you can give me will help me help you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
well i take propranolol and a muti-vitamin...just watching tv and playing a game on the computer..i have tmj right now and my neck is tight...

Thank you for the information. Since you mentioned you have TMJ and your neck is tight along with the gaming, it could be that you have pinched something in your arm from the repetitive movement of the gaming or anything else that you may be doing at other times. You could try taking a muscle relaxer to see if that helps with the muscle tightness. You might want to get a massage and/or see a chiropractor to have an adjustment to release/relax those muscles that are affecting your shoulder, neck, and arm muscles and nerves. Back off of the repetitive arm and hand movements for a while to give those muscles and nerves a break. I don't know if you use anything for your TMJ, however it can cause your neck to be tight, have headaches, and toothaches. There are mouth devices called NTI device which helps with the TMJ problem. WEaring a sports mouth guard at night as well to help with the TMJ. Believe it or not, TMJ can cause problems as you describe with your arm and neck. If your hand or arm change colors or remain numb and cold, you should have it checked by a doctor. To check circulation, you can also squeeze the ends of your fingertips and release to watch the color come back to the fingertips. You can check you pulse in your wrist by placing your index finger and middle finger from your left hand gently over the underside of your right wrist and feel for a pulsing sensation. You should feel i just below your thumb area on the wrist. This would tell you whether your circulation is a problem or not.

I hope this information is helpful. If it has helped, please click the accept button. If you are very satisfied, a bonus is welcomed. Please let me know if you need anything. I am here to help you.