Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

my chin and directly under my nose has broken out and feels

my chin and directly under my nose has broken out and feels alittle swollen and tender. a lot of puss/white pimple type things
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 6 years ago.

How long has it been a problem?

Any change to toiletries or diet?

Are you able to take a photograph of the lower part of your face?

Is it painful?

Any crusting or blisters?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

problem has been in the last 18-24 hrs. no change of diet or tioletries, it is only painful in the small aspect of swelling-more unfortabtable than pain.

yes there is some crustiness/small postual blisters

Expert:  Pauline replied 6 years ago.

Although it is possible that this is a bacterial breakout with some cellulitis and folliculitis, with the presence of crustiness and blisters then I would be concerned that this may be the beginning of an attack of a virus such as herpes simplex or shingles (varicella).

In order to begin appropriate treatment, then you need to be relatively sure of the diagnosis. I would suggest that you avoid the alcohol swabs as they will be painful and drying to the skin. If the breakout is severe then there will be very little available from the counter in pharmacy to be helpful and you will have to see a doctor or urgent care clinic depending on the severity.