Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

coffee I felt my heart rate increasing, a little difficulty..hands

The other day I had breakfast at my parents house, before I ate I had two cups of coffee before that 3 hours earlier I had oatmeal. After 2 hours of drinking the coffee I felt my heart rate increasing, a little difficulty of breathing, felt disorientated, hands were sweeting and felt like if I was going to pass out. This had happened to me before why I'm I getting these effects?

Sorry for the problem.

Please let me know a little more about the symptoms so that I can try. Have you counted the pulse on that time? Previous episode was also with coffee? Any past illness? Any test ? Any medication /treatment taken?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have not counted the pulse, no illness, no test, no medication or treatment taken
That's all I can give on the symptoms. Yes it had happen once before when I was taking an supplement called N.O.-XPLODE took it in the morning before the gym, then had starbucks maybe 10 hours later. This happened six month ago. "The symptoms are scaring me feel like if I'm going to die"

Thank you for the input.

I shall try my best to explain the condition. The symptoms of increased heart rate , difficulty of breathing, disorientation, sweating can occur with supraventricular tachycardia. Anxiety, hyperthyroidism, carbonated drinks, caffeine, alcohol, drugs etc. can precipitate the condition. Sometimes there can be underlying heart disease, which was precipitated by stimulant like coffee etc.You should cut down such precipitating factor like carbonated drinks, caffeine, alcohol, etc. Stress should be avoided as much as possible. Event monitor and Echocardiography can be done to exclude any heart cause. Event monitor can record the events of palpitations. Doctor can assess the rhythm at that time for the diagnosis. As it happened several times , it will be prudent to have a check up with a cardiologist. for examination, investigations to get the precise diagnosis and intervention if necessary.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just to let you know that I start smoking at the age of 14, I quite at 33, because I worked at this company that we had to train to wear a respirator. And there was test that we had to go under one of the test was a breathing test I had to breath in to a tube then the machine printed out that my lungs were the age of a fifty year old. So I ask the doctor how can I heal them he said I have to run and sprint to heal my lungs.
You have to do breathing exercise regularly to expand your lung. Take full inspiration and exhale fully.