Dr.Israr, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS

hi i wanna 2be fat,im 24yrs old girl but my weight is only

Customer Question

hi i wanna 2be fat,im 24yrs old girl but my weight is only 38kg,so wat medicine i have 2eat
2become fat very soon?plz do help me 4dat.Thanx
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using justanswer.
What about your epitite?
Any other medical history? like chronic diarrhea?
What about parents? Are they also lean?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no i dnt have any problem,i eat alot but never become fat,u just give de medicine dat makes me fat plz.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hey i donot have any problem in my family n i donot have any in eating,im good in all,but only wanna fat.plz help me.
Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 6 years ago.

Medicine are available to gain weight but the problems with those medicine are that they have too many side effects. Before their prescription a proper physical exmaination and regular monitoring is required. For that purpose you need to have a appointment to your physician.

For gaining weight eating is the first and most important factor that is needed. It's simple you need to eat more calories than you burn. This does not mean eating anything and everything that is not nailed down. Carefully plan your meals with foods that will help you gain lean mass, not fat. I suggest 6 meals. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and three other small meals scheduled throughout the day. The goal is to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours.

Increasing your intake of junk foods and greasy foods is not a good way to gain weight. Junk foods usually contain unhealthy trans fats or saturated fats. Even though you need to increase your calorie consumption to gain weight, those calories should come from foods that are good for you.

Healthy fats include omega-3 essential fatty acids sources like tuna, salmon, flax, and walnuts. Good sources of protein include lean meats, fish, poultry, nuts, seeds and legumes. Healthy carbohydrate sources include fruits, vegetables and whole grains.

It may be easier to eat five or six smaller balanced meals per day rather than eating three large meals, especially if you are not used to eating much at one sitting.

Protein powders and nutritional supplement drinks such as Ensure can be added as in between meal snacks if you still need more calories. Some protein powders are flavored and only need added water and some others can be blended with your choice of juice or milk to improve the taste.

It would also be a healthy idea to add a small amount of flax seed oil and some psyllium powder to add some omega-3 essential fatty acids and extra fiber.

Dietary Supplements and Gaining Weight

A high-quality multivitamin and mineral supplement is a good idea to make sure you are getting all of the vitamins and minerals you need. Some people find that their muscle mass increases with protein supplements that contain certain blends of amino acids such as creatine and glutamine.

Resistive Exercise To Gain Weight

Exercise is also important for healthy weight gain. Resistance training exercises such as lifting weights will help to increase your muscle size. Aerobic exercises such as running and stationary bicycling are better for fat loss and excessive aerobic training may cause you to lose more weight. Resistance training can be done at a health club, gym or at home with the proper equipment.

Remember that it can take a while to gain the weight you need, but be patient and continue to choose healthy foods until you reach your goal weight.

Thanks I hope I answer your question and it is informative for you.If you have anyother query you can ask.

Edited by Dr.Israr on 4/2/2010 at 5:23 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank u so much 4de answer,i did this all since i know but no any gain so its alrite,i suppose to have medicine but.....................anyway thanx 4ur not really satisfied with this answer bcoz i did dis all but...........................never mind.Thanx
Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 6 years ago.

If you have really tried all these things in the same way I have told you and there is no improvement then you should go for celiac disease workup like Serum anti tissue transglutaminase IgG, IgA antibody tests. We have seen many patients who present like you and ultimately diagnose as celiac disease. You can discuss to physician regarding this work up.
Do go through this referance literature given below regarding celiac disease. This literature also confirms that celiac disease do present like your way, that is not gaing weight despite good food intake.

Edited by Dr.Israr on 4/4/2010 at 9:32 AM EST