Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate

after 1 year of chemo for ovarian cancer. PET scan came back

after 1 year of chemo for ovarian cancer. PET scan came back negative for cancer. at the end of chemo my CA125 was 8.8. after no chemo for 4 months it has risen to 117. what is causing this when the scan came back negative. I have been on Tamiflu because I was exposed to a child that had H1N1. Could that raise the protein level?
Given that the CA-125 has risen - you should have your gynecologist-oncologist follow your CA-125 levels (if your ovarian cancer was a CA-125 cancer as many ovarian cancers are NOT CA-125 levels).
But levels can increase for various out reaons - but even a PET scan is not 100% perfect, the pet scan can't see everyting - and you did not say what stage of ovarian cancer you had so I have no idea if you had spread of the cancer.