Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist

I have had an irritation in my throat last week I thought it

I have had an irritation in my throat last week I thought it was from a new scent diffuser in the house at first my throat was irritated then I also got this urge to cough I got rid of the diffuser and my throat surely got. Better but since I am a terrible worrier I keep on thinking that I need to cough can it be just my mind or can it b something els

You probably have a throat allergy that is causing the irritation.

Although you no longer use the diffuser, your throat might still be irritated from the exposure that occurred last week.

This should go away over time.

Taking OTC Anti allergy medicines like Allegra or Zyrtec should help you get better soon.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Could the cough b just in my mind? Because I think about it that's actually when I feel I need to cough or is it something that shpould cause me to worry I thank u for ur time.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry that I am a pest I always worry and think of the worst therefore I am afraid if the reason I cough could b something

This can be a mild throat irritation that is causing you to want to cough to relieve it.

The cough is unlikely to be just in your mind without any organic cause.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry for the bother but do u think there is any reason for me to be nervous about this cough?
Not really.

Just take an Allegra / Cetrizine and this irritation would go away along with the cough.