Dr.Israr, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS

Hello, Im just a biopsy result away to confirm osteosarcoma,

Hello, I'm just a biopsy result away to confirm osteosarcoma, I guess, but would like your opinion on this findings in the abdominal, pelvic an thoracic CAT (roughly translated from portuguese, sorry). Just to know if I can make it till Christmas :-) I mean, if this a terrible prognosis or a not so terrible prognosis... I'm a male, 37 years old and still not a father...
"Destructive osteolytic lesion of the right iliac wing, axially about 8 cm in greatest diameter, with cortical destruction and invasive component primarily on the musculature of the pelvic coalescent, but with leakage and reaction within the gluteal muscle mass. We noticed no adenopathy in the adjacent area of that lesion of the iliac wing. Abdominal and pelvic CAT scan showed no abnormalities. Thoracic CAT scan normal, with only small and vague sketches of densification of residual type at the right upper lobe. There is no expression of reactive pleural space." Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using justanswer.

The prognosis of osteosarcoma patient with limited number of metastasis in lungs is not bad at all. 30% patient are completely get cured other also have long term survival but need aggressive chemotherapy, complete resection of primary tumor and resection of lung nodules and regular followups.

You should see your oncologist and surgeon urgently and go for aggressive treatment. You will be cured hopefully with the grace of GOD.

Thanks I hope I answer your question and it is informative for you. If you have any other query you can ask.

Edited by Dr.Israr on 4/2/2010 at 6:03 AM EST