Dr.Israr, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS

I am a overweight male with Man Boobs Currently My left

Customer Question

I am a overweight male with "Man Boobs" Currently My left breast is tender to the touch and it becoming annoying. I do not feel any lumps but rubbing the breast creates a painful sensation. I am wondering what to do...
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using justanswer.
Can you tell me since how long you are having this problem?
Is there any swelling?
Is there any dischare?
Is there any fever
Did you get any treatment?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This has been going on for jsut under two weeks.. Some swelling but not a lot and there is no discharge or fever and I have not gone fro treatment as of yet..
Expert:  Dr.Israr replied 6 years ago.

There are many causes of mastalgia ( pain in breast) like breat abscess, mastitis, fat necrosis etc.

My advice for you is have a consultation with general surgeons so that he can look on to it . In the mean time you can start on pain killers like acetminophen, brufen and multivitamin containing vitamin A, C, E, B6. Antibiotic like cephradine may be require if you notice fever. Avoid caffeine, chocolates and certain caffeine containing soft drinks.
some other treatment is also avilable but that is only recomended after a doctor has seen you physically.

I hope I answer your question and it is informative for you.If you have any other query you are most well come.Thanks.

Edited by Dr.Israr on 4/1/2010 at 5:39 PM EST