CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

dog of my foot and gets worse if I bend or arch my foot/toes

I tripped over a dog bone about a week and a half ago and my foot rolled forward, at the time it hurt but then it really hurts at the top of my foot and gets worse if I bend or arch my foot/toes, or walk to much. There is no swelling or is quite hard to get into see a doctor where I live so just wondering what is going on...possibly broken? Strained? And what I can do to eleviate th pain.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. I am sorry this has happened. Judging by your description of what happened ,You may have a sprain,which can be very painful ( Sometimes more painful th an a break). Apply ice for 15 minutes at a time...15 min on, 15 min off. Elevate your foot as much as you can. Take Ibuprofen per package directions. A sprain can take several weeks to heal. If it does not seem to improve a bit every day see your Doctor for an x-ray to rule out a fracture. I hope this information helps you. Please let me know if I can help you further.