Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS
8413180

weeks i been expiriancing weakness in my legs, arms etc..blood test

For past couple of weeks i been expiriancing weakness in my legs, arms etc. By end of the day i can hardly walk, i have pain in my heal and i feel weak. I dont know what to do, should i see doctor , do blood test, be scared of MS? Please help...
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer Health for your question.

It will help us if you could explain in further detail the weakness in your arms and legs? For example do you find it difficult to move the extremities (arms and legs) or does this seem like a generalized weakness, or a weakness all over?

Do you notice any numbness or do you have any tingling or "pins and needles"?

What sort of work do you do through out the day physically?

Do you take any other medications for any other conditions? Where is the pain that you are taking the advil for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dont find difficult to move my arms and legs, my arms are weak and my feet hurt on the bottom, like my heal. I take advil because it feels when i do , i feel better. I dont have tingling or pins and needles. I do administrative work so i pretty much sit all day. No medication except for Birth Control. I do exersize almost every day.
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 4 years ago.
For your information, these symptoms do not have similarity to symptoms of MS.

There is an inflammatory condition called Plantar Fasciatitis that can cause pain in the bottom of the feet.

The recommendation would be for you to see your health care provider for an evaluation. There could be quite a few conditions that might result in similar symptoms, such as anemia, hypothyroidism, a post-viral fatigue syndrome, chemical depression, auto-immune disorders, etc.

I hope this helps. If you have questions regarding this post please reply so that I may assist you further.

Edited by Susan Ivy on 4/1/2010 at 2:45 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Should I be worried, is there dangerous side effects, what are facts i should be worried about, is it treatable?
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 4 years ago.
No I do not think that you should be overly worried, as that only increases your stress level which is a contributer to worsening health conditions as it increases the inflammatory response, and can eventually lower your immunity (chronic stress)

There may be a nutritional imbalance, you may need more sleep or rest, you may have hypothyroidism that can be alievated by taking a medication.

While it is important to have a physical and let your doctor know your symptoms so that the appropriate tests can be ordered, it is also important that you keep positive, make sure you are eating a balanced diet, getting enough rest or sleep, apply stress reduction techniques if needed (and most of the time they are).
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Im sorry, this will be last question, i promise. I forgot to mention that i also have lower back pain with this, it bothers me a lot as well. Would that change your posible diagnoses?
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 4 years ago.
No, but it also is very important that you make sure the ergonomics of your sitting situation are optimal, especially if you are in the same location all day. Poor ergonomics, as well as the issues mentioned above, can cause physical issues to worsen and/or create back problems. It is also important that you are taking breaks through out the day to stretch, take deep breaths, etc. Some employments will provide ergonomic evaluation and improvements to your office arrangements. This may not be at the root of all of your physical problems, but may certainly help with some of these symptoms.
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience: BSN, MSN, CNS