Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

hi. i am 74 years old and all of sudden i have difficulty

Customer Question

hi. i am 74 years old and all of sudden i have difficulty making it to the toilet to pass water. FOR FIVE DAYS I HAVE HAD A TEMPERATUE, ONLY SLIGHT, and FOR THE SAME TIME I HAVE had THE PROBLEM. i hope you can relieve my anxiety. I have been getting regular blood tests for sign of prostate problems, always negative, and a digital check about four years ago. I look forward to your reply. Kind regards, Bill.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 4 years ago.

Greetings,

Sorry for your recent problem.

Please let me know a little more about the symptoms so that I can try. do you feel any pain in the lower abdomen or any where during passing urine? How is urine color? How is your water intake? Any other symptom? Any past illness? Are you on any medication /treatment taken?

Regards.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 4 years ago.

When you are offline, I am leaving my thoughts about your condition.

There can be a few probables here. This can be due to an infection of the urinary tract or prostate, dehydration, enlargement of prostate from benign or malignant cause etc. When you were having fever infection seems to be the precipitating factor. Dehydration can be associated with less intake of fluid in an illness along with fluid loss in fever. Though your past tests were normal, still you should get an examination by doctor & get some tests like blood, urine, ultrasound etc to know the precise cause.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HELLO AGAIN Dr Thank you for the info,

in response to your questions. No pain anywhere other than age maladies.I drink more than two ltrs of water and my urine is normally the colour of lemonade, no other symptoms, no medication . good health generally.However, while avoiding drinking copius water due to this sudden problem the urine colour is much darker, to be ex pected i guess, This is the 4th day and my temprature is normal and i am not rushing to the urinal

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 4 years ago.
Try to maintaintain good intake of water as you were doing. Please make an appointment with doctor to check urine and prostate.