Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

i took biaxin for 5 day 500 mg twice a day for past 5 days

Customer Question

i took biaxin for 5 day 500 mg twice a day for past 5 days until yerstoday and today i noticed in the morning and also once in afternoon the my tounge couple parts looked purple but not black hairy tounge more pruple color /blue is that from biaxin or can it be from lamasil at tablet or the nystain oral rinse that i tried out which my friend had .i did a compleate cbc /diff and plante test all came back normal
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 4 years ago.

Sorry for the sufferings.

I need to know some points regarding your query so that I can answer better.

Is there any pain?

Why are you taking biaxin,lamisil , nystatin?

What is your age, sex?

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
im 29 male im very paranoid and i have stress and anxiaty cause i have a tendansy to go online and look up symptoms and thing i have cancer or something i was doing well until i got a bad cold last month which i took z pack for a couple days and then went to doctor was giving penicillian vk 500 for 10 days and after i was done i took another z pack whitout telling my doctor and then anohter 6 days of amoxcicillian just cause i was paranoid and then i guess i messed up my system so i start getting side effects like dry mouth and burning tounge and i used lots of mouth wash and salt water absessive amout which also irratated my mouth and its very sensitaive now and then i went to my ent doc and did a check up cause after all was done i still have irratated throat when i swallow no sore but like alergy irratation and i notice red streaks on my tonsils and my ent sed there normal and im just tripping and then i also went to dentist and show him my mouth cause i ate lime and chilli chips and its totally ripped my mouth on the top with small spots of irratated skin so i got sceard and went to the dentist and he sed its nothing and then jus to be shure i also did a compleate cbc and cma eback normal and was told all the things come from thinking and stressing to much but still i feel like i have salty /bitter taste in my mouth and i do have hietel hernia and acid reflux so i dont know if me taking all these meds messed up my stomach more and i took biaxin thinking maybe the sore throat from my cold wasent fully gone and i tryed nystatin just for the hell of it thinking i have trush due to the antibiotics but i dont have any white stuff in my mouth at all so this is my full story =) and today i notice that
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

I will put my opinion regarding the issue.

The symptoms seems to be due to inflammation of the tongue or glossitis.

After the use of antibiotic, there can be transient vitamin deficiency.

Other causes can be due to infection, allergy ,mechanical or chemical irritation etc

However it can also occur from dry mouth, smoking, alcohol, spices etc

An examination by doctor will be helpful to find the precise cause.

You should avoid using medicines or antibiotics without consulting doctor.

The treatment will be to keep good oral hygiene by washing it twice daily after brushing with tooth paste, taking plenty of fluid to keep good hydration .

Fresh vegetables & fruits can help to correct vitamin deficiency.

I hope this information helps.

Happy to assist, if you need any further clarification.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

SO I SHOULDNT GET FREAKD OUT CAUSE I WENT TO ALL THE DOC AND DID A CBC AND ALL WAS NORMAL I JUST PRO MESSED UP WITH ANTIBIOTICS =(

AND I WAS TOLD THE FACT THAT I STRESS AND THINK ABOUT IT ANXIATY CAUSES SAME SYMPTOMS CAUSE I ALSO GET LIKE PIN NEDDLE FEELING IN MY THROAT WHICH WAS IN ANXIATY SYMPTOMS TOO BECAUSE BEFORE ALL THIS I WAS PERFECT UNTIL GOT BAD COLD AND STARTED TO WORRIE AND DO ALL THESE THINGS

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 4 years ago.
When you blood counts & other tests are normal there should not be much bacterial infection.

You should try to remain calm & follow your doctor's advice.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK YES ALL THE TESTS CAME BACK PERFECT EVEN THOUGH I DID SO MYCH DAMAGE PROBEBLY
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 4 years ago.
I feel if your vitamin deficiency is corrected, then it will be normal.

Do not worry too much.

Hope for the best.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 35 years of experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THANK YOU SO MUCH
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 4 years ago.
You are always welcome to JA.

Have a good day.