Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

day ive been having a pain in my right side of my chest..right breast

Customer Question

all day ive been having a pain in my right side of my chest. Right above my right breat. It comes and goes. randomly ill get a sudden pain thats there for a sec, goes away, comes back, goes away, for like a minute. then completely goes away. and later on it will happen again. not sure what triggers it. wondering if i slept wrong but then wouldnt it be constant?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.

Sorry for the problem.

Please let me know a little more about the symptoms so that I can try. The precise area of pain, any radiation to other place & if so, where? Does it come every minute? Any other symptom? Any past illness? Any relation with respiration or movement?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
if i stretched my hand out and put my pinkie on my nipple and thumb towards my face, it would be in the area where my thumb is. if it radiates at all, its just in that area. it comes random tiems and lasts maybe a minute of on and off then goes away. no thoer symptoms but im starting to get anxiety cause i dont know what is it :) no past illness. not sure what triggers it
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

I shall try my best to explain the condition. The symptom is more likely to be due to nerve impulses. Stress can be a factor. You can take motrin or tylenol. Try not to concentrate over it, relax, try to a get a good sleep. Though in your age, heart pain is not very common, but it can appear in any pattern on any side of the chest. As heart is a matter of concern, if the pain persists, you should get an EKG to exclude the possibility of any heart pain.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how long should i wait before getting an ekg? i have been stressed recently
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have been feelings acid reflex a littled
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
If you think, reflux can be there, then motrin should not be taken. Try tylenol and any antacid or nexium/ zantac. Ideally EKG should be taken as early as possible for the peace of mind to exclude any remote possibility of heart disease.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you.
Would i feel acid reflex in my right chest? normally i feel that in the middle.
if i dont feel better tomorrow i can go to the docs.

just wanted to make sure it wasnt an emergency or somthing.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
please understand i didnt have anxiety until tonight but its been going on all day. i dont think its from an anxiety attack. but it might be fros stree
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 6 years ago.
Usually acid reflux is felt in the middle part of the chest. But it can be felt in the left, right side or even in the back. Take those medicines, if the pain does not subside or get worse, then go to ER.