CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

I am female 43 diagnosis with hypothyroidism treating with

I am female 43 diagnosis with hypothyroidism treating with medication was doing ok recently quit smoking now tired all the time like before can fall asleep at snap of fingers doctor retest hormone levels and for anemia but all normal. loosing hair again like before. initial diagnosis had lesion on pituitary gland as well.

why am I so tired?
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. Your symptom of excessive tiredness is most likely due to stopping smoking. Nicotine is a powerful stimulant. It can take up to 3 months to normalize and for you to begin to feel more energy. Exercising will help.