A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

dr, i would like to check what do we classified as night

Customer Question

dr,

i would like to check what do we classified as night sweats? recently at night i when i sleep i sweat .. but due to i am staying in a hot country and i do not use a air condition... but if i on air condition i do not sweat does it consider as night sweat? but this often come after and my body feel shivering .. what would be happen
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. It is considered a "night sweat" when you perspire profusely although the room is at normal temperature for everyone else. Everyone will sweat when the temperature is too warm.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so for my case, does it consider a night sweat or it does not?
It does not.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

but doc, why am i felt shivering and always wake up at night suddenly without any reason? i am worried i will get some sort of viral infections

When the room is too hot the body sweats to maintain proper interior body temperature. Sometimes tossing off the covers makes the body too cool and then it shivers to restore heat. These are quite normal coping mechanisms. Many people wake up during the night, particularly if they are too warm or cold, have to use the toilet, or there is too much noise in their environment. It is nothing to be concerned about.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

previously i do not have this problem but it comes to recently that i worried too much that i will be infected with some sort of viral infection... but one things i do not have swollen lymh node and fever... but i do encounter weight lost and fatigue.. could it be other issue?

It appears that anxiety that is inadequately treated may be the source of a lot of your symptoms. I've read some of your other numerous questions, and they all seem to point to that. Your local doctor can check for any infection, but it doesn't sound like you have one, either viral or bacterial.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

what and how do you think i can overcome it.. it seems to trouble me alot ... i seems to lose myself ..

There are medications called anxiolytics that your local doctor can prescribe to help with anxiety. They are drugs like paroxetine, citalopram, fluoxetine, and others.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

sorry one last question,

i had done a complete blood count everything seems to be within the range.. does it mean i am clear with some major illness? i done my blood count on feb... that period of that i am suffering even worse, with hand numb and etc.. with shower that shoot on my palm i feel a bit pain...

A CBC in February measured your blood results at that time. It is unlikely you have developed anything serious in the last month. Numbness and tingling may indicate that there is a nerve pinched somewhere in your wrist. Your local doctor could check that.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so would be the test that you will suggest me to take out in-order for me to have a peace of mind?
Your local doctor will check to see if there is a nerve being compressed in your wrist. There is no blood test, etc. for anxiety.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
but will anxiety causes me every morning to have loose stool? when i take medicine it seems to be normal stools once i stop it back to watery stool .

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is something that is associated with anxiety. Avoiding the anxiety lessens the symptoms of IBS. You can read more about IBS below.

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/ibs/

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Thanks for your advise , actually i need alot of advice ,as i recently become more paranoid. may i check with you on my gf symtons she seems as below shown,

1. hives

2. some sort of pimple on face

3. iregular menstrul cycle

4. breast tendancy ( she bleed for one day then stop)

5 she is 26

Your girlfriend should see her doctor for an examination, since that is the only way to determine what is wrong with her. Hives are from allergies. Pimples can be acne, rosacea, or other lesion. Irregular menstrual cycles can come from infections, ovarian cysts, thyroid or pituitary gland problem, hormone imbalance, and many other things. Hormone changes can also cause breast tenderness.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so do you think , these symtons are inter link to each other? or is a stand alone. if check what are the test that she have to check on ? recently i wasnt feeling very well, i know she worried alot on me . could this be one of the possible?

The symptoms are probably not related. Stress can cause skin to break out in pimples, and it can affect menstrual cycles. The only way to tell what is going on is to have her see the doctor.