Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate

how can I repair damaged nerves caused by Lyme Disease neu

how can I repair damaged nerves caused by Lyme Disease neuropathy?
Nerve damage is usually permanent damage - although peripheral nerves (those nerves lying outside the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) can re-generate - it just takes a long time. But, to help with regenerating nerve pathways - it is best to do physical therapy and occupational therapy - this is exactly what we do for our wounded coming back from the war zone.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

That's really not any new information. I have read tons of info about neuropathy and Lyme disease. What about the use of TENS (transcutsneous electrical nerve stimulatiion)? Isn't there options available?

Physcial therapy and occupational therapy, what will they do? Excerises? My doctor already has me doing several.

The TENS units work for pain purposes and do tend to help with 'growth' of nerves - but you have to realize it will take time for neurpathy to heal and for your nerves to find a new pathway.
Yes the therapy is somewhat exercising - but this also involves electrical stimulation (hence TENS type of treatment) - and exercises at home can NOT duplicate what can be done in the occupational and physical therapy environment - they have various 'machines' to help you.