Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Chest feels tight and jittery constantly now for two weeks

Chest feels tight and jittery constantly now for two weeks and I lose my breath just walking. I've have several EKG's and all are normal with just a slight Sinus Tach. I am very nervous and scared as there is no relief and now I start to feel slight lightheaded and extremely tired all the time, like fatigued. I am 35 year old male and about 50lbs over weight and am working on losing it. I'm taking no stimulants that I know of. I do take a low dose of Atenolol, and Lexapro. I've very nervous.
Category: Health
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 6 years ago.
Hello..
Well, there are few causes for these symptoms. These are-
Anemia, low metabolism rate, Diabetes, Thyroid hormone imbalance, Stress and anxiety.
As such first of all you should reduce stress, Practice yoga and mediation to remain relax. Avoid alcohol, take adequate sleep. Blood tests should be done to evaluate the cause. Take fresh fruits and vegetables, Avoid fast food, take plenty of fluids. As such my opinion is that you should see your family physician for evaluation, blood work and management.I wish for your good health and take care.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can you give me a few symptoms for Thyroid imbalance? I was thinking that one too since I'm feeling it in my head also.
Thyroid imbalance includes- under active (hypothyroidism) or overactive (hyperthyroidism). Some of the symptoms of hypothyroidism are-
-fatigue.
-depression.
-difficulty concentrating.
- excessive weight gain.
-dry, coarse and/or itchy skin.
In case of Hyperthyroidism the symptoms are-

-nervousness.
-irritability.
-fine brittle hair.
-muscular weakness .
-shaky hands.

Please get blood work done. Take care