Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
23849074

a small hard bump on the bottom of the foot and another one

a small hard bump on the bottom of the foot and another one has appeared on the side on the hand that seems to be getting bigger
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 4 years ago.
How long has he had this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
for a few months i thought something was in her foot that she had stepped on but now another one that appears to be the same has come up on the side of her hand
How small are they? pencil eraser size?
What color?
Do they seem to itch?
Are they fluid filled?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
look like a blister like they would bust but are real hard
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the one on the hand is the size of a eraser but the one on the foot is a little bigger
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hello are you there
If they are flesh colored or a little varied of flesh color, they are probably common warts. They do feel really hard with a smooth but textured feeling.

Warts are usually self limiting meaning that they will go away with time but it may take several months. You can apply over the counter compound W to the wart but you will want to use a pumice stone on it first to get it to skin level.
I think we were posting over each other on the last post. Hopefully you got my answer. If not I will resend!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the one on the foot is very hard and seems to be getting bigger and the one on the hand just came a week ago and has gotten bigger what could be causing this
If they are common warts, they are caused by a virus that your child just happen to not be immune to. The body can fight them off but it really does take a long time and usually we do treat them especially if they are getting more. However, that does not mean they can reappear, unfortunately.

Sometimes they grow where there has been a previous injury but that is not always the case.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
also I have always heard warts were painful this seems to have no pain to it
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is this dangerous
Not all warts are painful. It depends how much pressure is put on the wart with walking usually and the ones on the hands or fingers are never painful unless they get hit or irritated.

So a wart on the heel or ball of foot can become painful!

Do you have anyway of uploading a picture of it?

No, they are not dangerous but good hand washing and especially if she is picking at it, good hand washing helps her to prevent spreading to other parts of her body.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am gonna try to take a picture
That will be great, I will wait for you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

graphic

this is the foot and hand

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
did you get the picture
I have trying to open it but it is not coming up at all.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can I email it to you
Unfortunately we are not allowed to give out email addresses
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
let me try something else
OK! :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
let me know if you get this one please
No, sorry, It only said graphic with no link.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
fg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry i cant get it to upload for some reason
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
foot
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
did u get the image?
Yes, I got it. Whew! GOod job!

That is NOT a wart. It appears too large for that. It does appear to be a walled off cyst, not sure why she would get another one on her hand.

However, she definitely needs to be examined for this. It is difficult to tell from pictures but there is something called granulomas that are noncancerous, can last for six months or so but can keep growing. Most are removed. They are not painful but can bleed easily when hit as they get larger.

I cannot tell if that is it or not but I would have her doctor look at it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is this something serious
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it looks like a wart to me that is why I really was not worried but it just seems to be growing
If it is a granuloma, no. But I would really hate to say that you can just wait when the symptoms are not usual and I can't examine it in person. The best bet is to really have her provider hands on examine it and you will know for sure!

A cluster of warts can grow large but you will probably want to treat it so it won't get larger if it is a wart.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what do you mean by walled off and when you say cyst
This is a growth of tissue or fluid filled cyst that walls off from the rest of the body. Usually when there is a foreign body present.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know you can not tell me for sure but is there any way that it could be a cancer tumor
I really don't think so.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
that does make me feel alot better before I go can you tell me what your gut feeling is that it might be
I really would have said a wart before I saw the picture of the size of it. Unless it is several little warts I think it is too big for a single wart.

The other guess would be the foreign body cyst but I would think that would be a little more painful when walking.

I hope that this helps! Wish I could see her in my office! :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the one on the foot look like it needs to be drained like you could press it and it would bust the one on the hand looked like a little blister and now it has gotten hard like the one on the foot I am so scared to take her to the doctor I am so afraid of hearing something really bad
I really, really do not think it is cancerous at all. But you need to get it treated if it keeps growing.

I wish you the best!
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.