A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

it possible to have eosinophil in your blood and skin biopsy

what does it mean for a baby to have an elevated level of eocinophils in their blood? Also one of the things they said it might be is EB but that you normally dont see eocinophils in EB. Is it possible to have eocinophils in your blood and skin biopsy and have EB?

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. There is no one specific thing indicated by high levels of eosinophils. Some things that can cause the elevation are allergies, drug reactions. blood disorders (hypereosinophilic syndrome, atheroembolic disease, tumor, leukemias, ,astocytosis, lymphomas), immunologic disorders (Hyper-IgE syndrome, thymomas, Ommen's syndrome), endocrine disorder (hyposarenalism), plus numerous skin (atopic dermatitis , bullous pemphigoid, pemphigus vulgaris, dermatitis herpetiformis, urticaria, eosinophilic panniculitis, angioedema with eosinophilia, Kimura's disease, Shulman's syndrome, Well's syndrome, eosinophilic pustular folliculitis), neurological, GI, pulmonary, cardiac, and kidney problems. It is a difficult problem to sort out.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know this is hard to answer. My wife and I have been dealing with this for over 2 weeks now and I will be honest its been a complete nightmare. We have been told so many things we dont know what to believe anymore. All we know for sure is that he has blisters on his body and the eosinophils thing. They are on there 2nd skin biopsy testing trying to figure it out. We have heard EB and Mastocytosis. Does any one of these sound like a fit?

It could be either epidermolysis bullosa (EB) or mastocytosis, but only biopsies will tell for sure. Sometimes that requires repeat biopsies. Both conditions fit the symptoms. As I noted, there are hundreds of things that can cause this problem, and figuring it out is a nightmare both for the providers and the parents.