Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

I have a sudden wet/cold sensation on my inner thigh which

I have a sudden wet/cold sensation on my inner thigh which only lasts a few minutes. I am 85 years old and have been in excellent health (with slightly high blood pressure). Is this symptom safe to ignore?
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 6 years ago.

Hello Jaquest,

A symptoms like this could indicate a TIA, a transient ischemic attack (a blockage of a vessel in the brain that goes away quickly). It is not safe to ignore, because it is found that in a large percent of individuals that have a TIA, they go on to have a full blown stroke (a clot that does not go away and causes permanent ischemia, or lack of blood, and therefore damage to the brain).

As long as you are not allergic to aspirin, it would be prudent to take an aspirin and report to the ER, if nearby and you have someone to take you. IF not, call 911.