Dr. Ryan
Dr. Ryan, Doctor
Experience:  Bachelor in Nursing, 3+ years nursing experience, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine

Higher pulse 95-105 the lower my blood pressure 120/79 to 117

Higher pulse 95-105 the lower my blood pressure 120/79 to 117 /65. This is always the lower my pulse 78 to 85 the higher my blood pressure 140/90. Why, I haven't found this anywhere.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Ryan replied 4 years ago.

Hello, and hopefully I'm understanding your question correctly in that you are trying to figure out why when your blood pressure is higher your pulse is lower, and vice versa. I'll answer this, and if I'm off base, let me know.

This is the natural way for your body to compensate because as the pressure in your blood vessels goes down (ie dropping blood pressure), your heart has to pump more times to get sufficient blood out. Just like if you started running, you are going to start breathing faster to get more oxygen. In turn, if your blood pressure goes up, your heart doesn't have to beat as often in order to get the blood out, because it's moving under a higher pressure.

I hope this answers your question, and makes sense, I understand it can be a bit confusing. If not, please let me know, best wishes...

Please ask if you need clarification/more information.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are greatly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an assessment by your doctor, and does not establish a patient-physician relationship

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I understand what you are trying to say ,but it is the opposit of eveything my Dr.s say should occurr.I don,t get that.Everyone I know the lower their pressure the lower their pulse.My pulse stays most of the time around 95-98.The lower the pulse, the higher my blood pressure,that is just sitting around.
Expert:  Dr. Ryan replied 4 years ago.

Okay, well I think if you discussed it further with your physicians, there must be some confusion. Because this is in fact how it works for the most part. Obviously if you go out for a run, your blood pressure is going to go up, as well as your pulse, and if you're sleeping they'll both go down. But in general, an increase in your blood pressure will often lead to a decrease in your pulse. Either way, your vitals appear to be only slightly high at best, XXXXX XXXXX're worth keeping an eye on, but nothing to be too concerned about. Sorry if this confuses you, but this is the way it works. If you have more specific questions, please feel free to reply again...

Dr. Ryan, Doctor
Experience: Bachelor in Nursing, 3+ years nursing experience, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine