Valarie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  36+ yrs exprience medical, surgical, wound/skin care, nutrition, geriatrics, rehab, management

Where is the answer to my question I have been waiting now

Customer Question

Where is the answer to my question I have been waiting now for almost 1/2 hr. and you've taken my money off my credit card already What is going on & you better have a good answer.
Category: Health
Expert:  Valarie replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for coming to JustAnswer with your question, and welcome. I'm sorry you have not gotten a response yet. For some reason you original question page would not open up.

Your tests that you had done are the usual tests before a surgical procedure. In your case, the low sodium (or hyponatremia) indicates that something is not right. There are mechanisms working in your body all the time to keep your electrolytes within a certain balance. When one (or several) are not in this balance, it can mean that you will be at increased risk of complications should you have the surgical procedure done. Other electrolytes, such as potassium and calcium, may not be within range also. A low sodium may cause symptoms such as fluid retention, headache, muscle spasms, weakness, and nausea.

Regarding the blood clotting issue---this may mean your platelets are low. You didn't say what tests were done, but this is generally one of them. This may cause you to bleed easily, or bruise easily. Again, this would put you at a higher risk for complications of your surgery.

Your doctor will want to review these test results with you. And will probably want to do some more tests to determine why these values are abnormal. There can be many different conditions that could cause this.