Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
23849074

My Grandson had his tonsils out along with his adenoids a year

please can you give some advise. My Grandson had his tonsils out along with his adenoids a year ago because of his constant snoring. It did not go well at first and he was going backwards and forwards to the hospital due to him not not eating as well as he did . We were very worried after about three days as he had been back to the NHS hospital twice to be monitored, that paticular time he was very sick with dry blood , to cut a long story short they did not seal the cut properly and had to go back to surgery. At this present time he is having nose bleeds coud this be conected as he is petrified of going back in and also my Daughter and her Husband are as well he is eating well and is lively but it is worrying. Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 4 years ago.

How often are his nosebleeds?

Does the blood pour out of his nose or just run down from his nose?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He has had two bleeds in a week last night his father heard the girgleing in the night he also had a small bleed at school today.

kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we think it just runs

Regards

Thanks for replying.

I do not think there is a connection between the tonsil and adenoids being removed a year ago and the current nose bleeds.

He could be having nasal dryness and stuffiness now. I would use a humidifier in his room when he sleeps at noc. Even some nasal saline spray for children could be used to see if that helps them to resolve. If they continue or get occur in more frequency then I would have him see his physician.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

do you think the part where he had to go back and have his tonsil re quaterized due to the blood leaking is ok now.

regards

Yes I do, That heals in about 10 days so it is well past that time. You would have noticed bleeding up to the first 2 weeks after that recauterization.
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.