CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

Reglan from my gastroenterologist for one year while taking Geodon

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with tardive dyskinesia. I took Reglan from my gastroenterologist for one year while taking Geodon from my psychiatrist. Each doctor knew about all the medications I was taking. Why was I not warned that both of these drugs could cause the dykinesia? What do I do now? I have quit both drugs but the effects go on.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. Removal of the causative medication should result in a some this is fairly rapid, in others it may take quite some time....and in still others some tigns of TD may be permanant. You only thook this for a year so your chances of recovery are good. There are medications such as benzodiazepines ( Ativan, Valium, Xanax) which may be beneficial in reducing these movements. If I can help further, just let me know:-)