Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(Internal medicine/cardiology) MRCP(R) U.K

man 52 years..he complains about a prickling sensation on the tongue

Customer Question

There is a man 52 years old and he complains about a prickling sensation on the tongue. Could you give an idea as to what the cause might be and the treatment for it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.S.A.Alam replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question,

Since when he has this problem ?

Has he done some tests ?

does he has any previous illness ?

Any medicine he takes ?

Edited by Dr.S.A Alam on 3/2/2010 at 3:52 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can not give much specific details now because I do not have the person with me now. I know he said the prickling was always between 2 adn 5 am. It did not occur every night and sometimes it took quite some timme from once to the nect. He has not done much or any testing at all. He is from a very conservative people with low living standards.

Thank you for your input,

These symptoms can occur due to local problems like inflammation or swelling of the

tongue.It can also occur in conditions like diabetes, multiple sclerosis, Minor stroke.

so a clinical evaluation and tests to rule out above mentioned condition are important.

I hope this answers your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your answers. I was not aware that I would need to pay anything or atleast had not considered it. The mand I was asking about is a total stranger to me and I don't think I'll ever meet him again. I told him about the suggestions you made for the cause of his prickling tongur, he shoved them aside saying he knows it's none of those.

I'm sorry to have bothered you with that question. I think the service that you do is really nice.

Thank you for your appreciation, take care.