Dr.S.A.Alam
Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(Internal medicine/cardiology) MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

I am unable to urinate and am 10-12 weeks pregnant. Apparently

I am unable to urinate and am 10-12 weeks pregnant. Apparently this is a tilted uterus and I need to go to A and E asap to get it sorted. I am in a lot of pain, is there anything I can do in the meantime and what will they do in A and E?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.S.A.Alam replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question,

since when you have complete absence of urination?

Edited by Dr.S.A Alam on 3/2/2010 at 2:24 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have had a few dribbles in the last 24 hrs but no more than 100ml in all. this is only when sitting right back on toilet and after being upright for a while. Haven't been properly for over 3 days.

Thank you for your input,

This is a medical emergency and needs urgent evaluation in emergency department. urinary stasis and bladder distension can lead to kidney damage and many other problems.

Baby itself, abnormal position of the uterus, or swelling of the urethera due to trauma, infection all can lead to this problem.

soaking your body in hot water bath can help to settle some of the swelling and you may be able to pass urine.

I hope this answers your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I already have been told to go to Emergency but awaiting help to get there. Just thought may be able to try certain movements to relieve it but I guess there is not much more I can do myself.

Thank you for your input,

moving more can increase your problem, you need is urgent catheterization to relieve the urinary obstruction. If someone close to you has this ability, a nurse or any medical person that would be helpful. There are not much things that you can try yourself.

I hope this answers your question.