Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

please see my question and answer it

please see my question and answer it
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 4 years ago.
Hi

What is your question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i dont eat much but i gain a lot of weight. maybe its because of my slow thyroid or metabolism, i have gained around 100 pounds in one year, tell me what should i do? can u suggest a doctor that'll see me soon instead of scheduling me after months? i need serious help and also have insurance my age is 22 and my sex is male, i feel extremely hot or cold, my skin has changed so has my hair and scalp. i have a weird sleeping pattern and i sleep a lot if i eat. i don't have sufficient energy. could a doc in nyc city see me tom or this weeki live in the financial district, but i need to see someone quick on an emergency basis. i would appreciate if u could refer someone.

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I am located in your area, so I cannot refer you to someone in particular, but I can tell you that it sounds like your thyroid is not being regulated as it should. I'm not sure when your last thyroid profile was performed, but if it has longer than 3 months (and with these symptoms), I would suggest that you go ahead and go to a walk-in clinic or urgent care so that this level can go ahead and be drawn. I doubt if you could get an appointment with a Endocrinologist at such a short notice, so the walk-in clinic would be a better choice for you in this situation.

let me know if I can help you further....

******This expert will not be paid for their efforts unless you click Accept. Funds are not automatically transferred to this expert. Click "Reply" if you need additional information.

Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My thyroid was last checked 2 years ago. could you tell me how to go bout it . where are these urgency centers and do they have endocrinologists? could u tell me about a walk in clinic as well. I have aetna students insurance. please help me and also i would like a doctor to be refered to thanks

Ok, if you have not had your thyroid checked in 2 years, it is important that you go ahead and seek someone to do this for you. What will happen is you just simply look online for urgent care clinics in your zip code then call them up. Tell them you need your thyroid levels checked and see if they accept Aetna insurance. If so, they will most likely tell you to go ahead and come in. These walk in clinics are not usually staffed with any type of specialist, only general practitioner (Medical Drs) They will be a good place for you to start and if they feel like you need to be seen ASAP by a specialist like an Endocrinologist, they can get you in much much quicker than you can on your own.

Edited by Nurse Milli on 3/2/2010 at 7:18 PM EST