CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

vitamin/mineral/enzyme protein drink for a friend that is 71..heart

I need a vitamin/mineral/enzyme protein drink for a friend that is 71, had a heart attack 5 years ago, has been in a nursing home w/bland diet all that time, was told she'd never walk again, is determined to do so and took 12 steps last week. Do you know of a vitamin protocal that will work with her heart medications?
HI and thank you for your question. Is your friend diabetic?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No

One of the most highly recommended nutritional supplements ( Fortified with vitamins and minerals) is Ensure Plus. The contents include:
  • ImmunBalance, a unique blend of prebiotics and antioxidants (vitamin C, vitamin E and selenium), to strengthen the immune system
  • Excellent source of 24 essential vitamins and minerals
  • Excellent source (650 mg/8 fl oz) of plant-based omega-3 fatty acid ALA (40% of 1.6 g DV) to support heart health
  • Good source of soluble fiber to help maintain regularity
  • Low in saturated fat (1 g/8 fl oz)
  • 2 g prebiotic for a healthy immune system, and 1 g of Fibersol®-2*
ENsure Plus tasts great and comes ina variety of flavors. It can be purchased in most grocery stores, pharmacies and medical equipment stores.

IF I canhelp further, just let me know:-)
If you are not happy with Ensure, please state so. ..however, it is the most often recommended because it is an excellent product.