Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I changed my grand daughters diaper and applied zinc oxide

Customer Question

I changed my grand daughters diaper and applied zinc oxide 11.3%. When I closed the lid I handed her the container and she put it in her mouth. She made a funny face. I immediately took her to the washroom and washed out her mouth. I am A VERY CONCERNED GRANDMA AND CANNOT GO TO SLEEP WITHOUT AN ANSWER. Please email me soon.Will she be okay--14 months old
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 6 years ago.

I think the best thing for you to do in this situation is to call poison control. Their number is XXXXX

Have the zinc oxide container with you when you call because they might ask you for the ingredient list. They have the resources that you will need in this type of situation.

******This expert will not be paid for their efforts unless you click Accept. Funds are not automatically transferred to this expert. Click "Reply" if you need additional information.

Edited by Nurse Milli on 3/2/2010 at 4:12 AM EST